Nowadays, life can be very busy and complicated. To counterbalance that, you can practice some yoga. But have you thought about meditation? With meditation you will train your mind, attention and awareness. It can help to reduce feelings of stress, anxiety and pain. Sometimes it even helps with depression.
Meditation is practiced in several eastern religions, like Hinduism or Buddhism. Since the 19th and 20th century the practice of meditation became popular in our western community.
In this article, we will tell you how you can meditate and how you can incorporate it in your life, so you also can feel yourself fantastic and more in balance!
How to meditate?
Meditation is for everyone. Just follow the steps.
- Take a seat. Make shure it is quiet and comfortable, so you feel good and you can concentrate on the meditation.
- Meditation takes practise. So when your just a beginner, set a time limit like five or ten minutes.
- Find a comfortable positon that you can keep up for a while.
- Be aware of your breath. Follow breathing in and breathing out and just concentrate on it.
- When you notice that you are not concentrating on you breath anymore, just return to concentrate on your breathing.
- Don’t be harsh on yourself when your mind is wandering of. It can happen and as I told you before, meditation takes practice.
- When you are finished with meditation, just return gently back to your environment. Scan your body, mind and emotions. And let them be.
How to incorporate meditation in your life?
- Leave your Social Media alone and use that time for meditation. Some people are looking for inspiration on Social Media but that inspiration is already in your mind. Just look into your head!
- Meditate right before going to bed. It is a fantastic way to withdraw from the day and it can actually help you to calm down and sleep better.
- You can also meditate under the shower. The sound of water can help with the meditation. Do not shower too long, because of the high gas prices!
- Practising yoga is great to help meditate. Just focussing on the exercises is already a meditation.
- If you commute from home to work and the other way around, you can use that time for meditation. Withdraw from the people around you can give you a feeling of peace and tranquility and what else can you do during commuting?
- You can also meditate at work. If you feel stressed out meditation can calm you down and to do your job better.